Share knowledge, network, and learn from colleagues from throughout the state. Together we can break barriers and build bridges to achieve our vision: All of California’s children receive the services and supports necessary for them to succeed in school and society, nurtured by healthy families and strong communities.
Early Bird registration deadline: September 1, 2019
General Admission Registration deadline: November 1, 2019
We are excited to offer scholarships for youth and family member participation on county teams again this year. If you are interested in applying for these scholarships, please contact Jamie Yeh at email@example.com.
Holiday inn Sacramento Downtown - Arena
300 J Street - Sacramento, CA 95814
Breaking Barriers has reserved a block of discounted rooms for the evenings of November 19-20, 2019.
The special room rate will be available until Friday, October 25th, or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first.
The two-day agenda will feature expert perspectives, promising practices, and facilitated working sessions to:
• Explore effective strategies for collaboration and collective problem solving
• Inspire and plan new approaches to realizing a comprehensive system of care for children and families
• Further support current and prior years’ planning and decision-making by county-based interagency teams
• Document and disseminate strategies of interest to the broader field
Facilitated working sessions for:
• County Interagency Teams
• Child and Family Teams
• Local and State Policy Development
2019 Sponsors and partners
We are happy to have the generous ongoing support of San Diego State University's Social Policy Institute and Integrated Human Services Group. This year, we have also partnered with the Fostering Media Connections and The Chronicle for Social Change.
For more information on registration, hotel, or how to sponsor the symposium,
please contact: Jamie Yeh (firstname.lastname@example.org)